Information Technology Intern (On-Campus Internship Program)
Job Description: This position is offered by the IUPUI CyberLab (cyberlab.iupui.edu) and its partner company CourseNetworking LLC. The intern will have the opportunity to work with experienced professionals on various software development and information technology projects related to thecn.com, an academic social networking platform that connects learners and educators around the world. thecn.com has been in production since 2012.
· Develop a full understanding of product mix and project procedures
· Begin the internship with assisting in software testing and releases
· Learn and conduct research on AWS, JIRA, Zendesk, Sendgrid, and other popular technology tools the team use to provide implementation suggestions to enhance team productivity and solve real-world problems the team face
· Assist in web UI/UX design, data management, client and user support, and other IT related areas if you are interested in developing skills and gaining experiences in some of these areas through a real-life project
· Practice product demos/presentations and manage IT project once you developed in-depth knowledge of the product and if you would like to develop skills in these areas.
· Highly motivated, energetic, responsible, strong desire to learn and solve problems
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong time management skills and attention to detail
· Be able to work independently as well as collaborate with other team members
· Knowledge and some experience in software development
Internship Duration: Fall 2021-Spring 2022, with the potential to turn into a part-time or even a full-time position.
Through this internship, students will acquire or improve the following skills
Communication – Students will learn how to become better communicators by building relationships with supervisors, team members, and clients. They will improve their active listening skills by interacting with and assisting other project stakeholders. They will also develop IT-specific vocabulary.
Problem Solver – Students will collaborate with peers and professionals through various tasks to find solutions to real-world problems. Students will gain analytical skills by evaluating current procedures and determining the effectiveness of possible solutions through the use of data and research.
Innovator – Students will learn how to use various technology tools to creatively accomplish project objectives and find new ways to overcome real-life challenges.
Besides applying via the Handshake system, please also email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job has an immediate opening. Applicants will be reviewed right after application. The job will be closed once a qualified candidate is selected.
On-Campus Internship Program Summary: This internship is offered as a part of the On-campus Internship Program and aims to connect IUPUI undergraduate freshman, sophomores, and juniors with internships on-campus with faculty and staff in a variety of campus areas/programs. Internships start in August and end in May. Interns will be required to obtain at least one academic credit in the academic year while participating in their internship experience and will have a site visit from the Office of Student Employment during their experience. On-going coaching and feedback on performance will be provided by internship supervisors according to a strict timeline of the program. Specific internship projects and duties will vary by internship. Students in this program will be required to participate in a public showcase of learning at the end of year to outline their experience as a part of Engaged Learning Week, and will participate in additional development throughout the year. After completing the program, their On-Campus Internship experience will be added to their IUPUI Experiential and Applied Learning Record.