Early Childhood Education Programs Assistant Teacher
Near IUPUI campus- Federal Work-Study eligible students
General Purpose of Position:
Early Childhood Education Program Assistant Teacher To care and assist with the educational and social needs of children ages 3-5 in a Nationally Accredited Childcare Center. Assistant is responsible for the well being of each child and following the curriculum schedule as planned by the teacher and in accordance with the State licensing requirements. Interact with parents respectfully and professionally. Appreciate the value of working as part of a team in the delivery of activities to appropriately development children ages 3-5.
Reports to: Director of Early Childhood Education
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Preschool Teacher in daily activities for children, ages three through five years, including learning shapes, colors, numbers, music, arts and crafts, etc.
• Assist in preparing the child socially and educationally for a successful transition into Kindergarten.
• Ensure an environment where the children will develop and experience positive interaction with others and their environment.
• Practice and provide guidance to children in proper health and hygiene.
• Interact positively with staff and parents/guardians.
• Participate in continuing education/training
IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Success Learning Outcomes Gained:
• Communicator-evaluates information, listens actively, build relationships, conveys ideas effectively.
• Problem Solver-thinks critically, collaborates, analyzes, synthesizes, evaluates and perseveres.
• Interested in working with small children.
• Interested in developing personal leadership skills.
• Able to communicate effectively with children, parents, other external professionals, childcare staff and all agency personnel.
• Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma.
• Prefer two years of work experience.
• Complete drug testing, criminal history check and obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
• 2pm-6pm Monday thru Friday, approximately 15-20 per week
• Develop a good working relationship with agency staff
• Freedom to learn and build early learning experience
• Opportunities for career mentorship and advancement
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
Interested applicants should contact:
Lynn Rogers, Director of Children and Youth Services at email@example.com
Concord Neighborhood Center/1310 S. Meridian Street,46225/317.637.4376/concordindy.org