Riley Sports Legends Internship (FA 21)
The Sports Legends Experience (SLE) Intern works to assist with operations support and delivering interpretive experiences in the SLE spaces for The Children's Museum of Indianapolis. The Intern gains on-the-job experience while contributing his/her academic expertise to the world class visitor experiences developed and delivered at the museum. The incumbent works at the direction of the SLE Director and Operations Manager to learn about various aspects of the museum's operations. The intern engages in research and gallery facilitation, service delivery, general administrative functions, scheduling and training. The intern participates in gallery and exhibit maintenance and customer service delivery.
Through this experience, the Intern may have opportunities to gain practical professional experience in arts administration, sports administration, history, physical fitness, and health education through a variety of family-fun, indoor and outdoor assignments.
1. College junior status at an accredited college or university.
2. Experience working with children and youth in formal and informal environments.
3. Strong presentation and customer service skills. Background in sports experience preferred.
4. Must be able to work outdoors in extreme heat, cold, humid, unpredictable Indiana weather.
5. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment that values diversity and is child-centric.
6. Interact with visitors and co-workers in a supportive, positive, and friendly manner.
7. Maintain behavior patterns acceptable to co-workers and the general museum culture.
1. Must be able to perform extensive work in indoor and outdoor environments, to perceive space, to read documents and diagrams and to view computer monitor.
2. Must be able to communicate through projecting voice and varying tone. Team and group dialog required for communication of plans and concepts.
3. Must be able to sit, stand, squat, and kneel for long periods of time frequently in costume or uniform. Must be able to negotiate pedestrian travel throughout the museum physical plant and campus.
4. Must be able to lift objects up to 45 pounds of weight, tolerate dust in the indoor environment and extreme temperatures, and humidity in the outdoor environment.
To apply for this position, visit https://www.indianaintern.net/internships/detail/23177/riley-sports-legends-internship-fa-21 . You must create an account there in order to apply for this opportunity. Please read their privacy policies and guidelines when creating an account on the site as they may differ from this one.