Youth Development Specialist I and II
Great Futures Start Here.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County have been changing children’s lives for over 60 years! We have openings working directly with our youth and programming their activities in our Education, Fine Arts, Athletic, and Game Rooms.
- Competitive Wages
- Earn Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off with NO waiting Period for qualifying positions
- Employer Contribution toward Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance for qualifying positions
- Opportunity to participate in a retirement fund with employer match
- No enrollment fee into a Club or KidsCare program and no weekly fee during the school year for KidsCare program for qualifying dependents
- Employee Educational Scholarships
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in a retirement fund with employer match.
We have second shift and Split shifts available, depending on location
Plan, implement, supervise and evaluate activities.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year of experience in a role overseeing school-aged children in a group supervision setting. (Coordinator Positions only)
- Reliable transportation, safe driving record, driver license, and automobile insurance required.
- High energy, enthusiastic personality, and dependability a must.
- A team player who works well with others and be willing to help where needed.
- Inspire, guide, and support members.
- Provide fun, beneficial and imaginative cultural programs which are within the scope of Boys & Girls Club programming.
- Assure that bright, fun and attractive signs and posters fill the walls of the program area and are always current and are changed regularly.
- Provide a culture where members respect and seek advice from staff regarding problems in or outside of the Club.
- Create an on-going message in all programs and interactions that members need to make appropriate choices about their educational, personal, physical, and emotional needs.
- · Assure that members are held accountable for their behavior.
- · Continually model and teach character, morals and ethics.
- · Build positive relationships with parents of members.
- · Perform administrative tasks, such as filling out reports, forms, etc., as assigned