Associate Production Flex Part-Time - Delphi, IN
Associate Production Flex Part Time - Indiana Packers Corp. Delphi, IN
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs with more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
A Production Flex Part Time team member will have the opportunity to choose from several shifts offered with this position according to their needs. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals with a restricted schedule due to commitments such as students, childcare providers or retirees. Team members in this position can work a minimum of 16 hours a week and up to 30 hours per week. The Production Flex Part Time position does not include benefits.
Team members in the Production Flex Part Time position will work in our Cold side Departments, skinning, trimming, sorting, slicing and packaging our delicious, quality pork products.
Position Reports To: Department Supervisor
- Team members will skin, trim, cut and debone our meat products, working with machinery and cutting tools to ensure Safe Quality Food (SQF).
- Process, packaging and boxing product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
- Perform physically demanding work that requires attention to detail, strength, stamina and good hand-eye coordination (while keeping safety as top priority).
- Collaborate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers by maintaining a positive work atmosphere.
To be successful in this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The requirements listed are representative of the ability, skill and /or knowledge required and is not an exhaustive list.
Essential Job Requirements:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Perform tasks requiring continuous/repetitive movement, including grasping, pinching hands, flexing and extending arms
- Stand on concrete floors and/or platforms for an extended period of time
- Work with raw meat and/or carcass part
- Work with a knife, if trained
- Able to operate or work near mechanical equipment and/or cutting tools
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions including company policies & procedures
- Must be able to lift and exert push and/or pull force of at least 35 lbs.
- Must be able to work in cold environments (around 20-40 degrees)
- Must be able to work in wet, humid and odorous environments
- Work while wearing all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Able to bend, stoop and twist repetitively for an extended period of time
- Must be able to pass E-Verify
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred
Production Flex Part-Time Team Members can select from 24 different shifts based on availability, shifts can be of 4 hours, 6 hours and 8 hours slots, and they may mix/match as needed.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
This position is in Delphi Indiana (6755 W 100 N Delphi, IN 46923), a short drive from Lafayette Indiana & Purdue University.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.