Number of Openings
$10.15 – $12.30
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine is seeking a part-time Student Research Assistant. This position is located at the IUH Pathology Laboratory and will provide approximately 15-30 hours per week. The Student Research Assistant will provide assistance with research writing oriented projects for the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine with in the IU School of Medicine.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Provide assistance for the departments of Anatomical Pathology, Cytopathology, Dermatopathology, and Molecular Pathology, Neuropathology (Faculty, Fellows, and Residents, and students) with any and all (non-clinical) research-oriented projects.
• Provides assistance and coordination for research related processes and projects.
• Provides assistance with mailing documents and slides, creating and requesting slide. and block requests for research purposes.
• Create reference letters both typing and Winscribe.
• Create, edit, format, and submit manuscripts for Pathologists.
• Pull reports in CoPath and help find cases to use for research projects.
• Use PubMed and Library resources to search for articles and references.
• Use Endnote to create reference lists and in-text citations.
• Complete reference request by locating files, downloading and saving files.
• Assist with other duties as assigned related to research operations.
A successful candidate will
· Take ownership of role responsibilities and be proactive working in their role.
· Consistently perform with high level on assignments.
· Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Excel, and EndNote.
· Must be able to handle discretionary and confidential health information.
· Possess the ability to communicate externally with different organizations (in country and out of country) via phone, e-mail, and fax.
· Be highly organized and have the ability to prioritize.
· Maintain consistent communication with all staff on projects in their various working stages.
· Have a customer service focus and high level of professionalism.
· Have some working skill in transcriptionist writing and dictations.
A student will learn from this position:
A student will gain experience working with medical research publications.
A student will gain experience working on research projects with faculty members.
A student will gain professional experience preparing documents for publication.
A student will gain experience in a wide range of academic research projects and topics.