Financial Aid Student Support Staff
This job is only for students eligible for work study.
Our office is looking for a student employee to join our financial aid team at IUPUI. This position will mostly be behind the scenes, assisting the team as needed to meet the needs of our students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Main responsibilities will include assisting with electronic document management through Onbase. This process includes reviewing documentation, updating student accounts, imaging paper documents, importing electronic documents. Other jobs duties will include assisting with general financial aid projects, completing reports, light office work such as typing and copying, stuffing envelopes, and other duties as assigned.
- 90% Imaging paper and electronic documents in Onbase. Reviewing documents and determining/evaluating appropriate course of action for imaging purposes.
- 5% Assist with mailings, folding letters and stuffing envelopes.
- 5% Additional duties as assigned.
Work Hour Requirements
Please be available at least 5 hours a week. Max hours are 20 per week. Early morning availability preferred, but will work with your schedule. Our working hours are between 6am and 7pm.
Location on Campus
Our office is located in Cavanaugh Hall on the first floor. There is a possibility of remote work as well.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience
Open to all majors
Some experience with computers, office equipment, Microsoft programs such as outlook, word, excel, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
- Ability to work as a team with other imaging staff
- Ability to be flexible, responsible, dependable.
- Possess excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Possess keen attention to detail, clear thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to adjust to constant changes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Gained in this Role
Students in this role have the ability to learn and grow and take on more responsibilities based on their interest and the needs of the office.
Critical Thinking- The ability to find solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, and past experiences along with available information and resources to create solutions.
Integration and Application of Knowledge- The ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within a specific timeframe.