Recruitment Assistant (School of Science) - Hire Achievers
Science Ambassadors will work directly with the Associate Director of Undergraduate Recruitment on recruitment marketing initiatives planned by the science marketing/ communications/recruitment team providing recruitment event and administrative support as described below. Applicants MUST be a Science major in UCOL or the School of Science to apply. Full, paid training will be provided. Work 5-15 hours per week. Freshman are encouraged to apply.
· Lead in-person tours of the School of Science with prospective student and parents and participate in virtual student panels and information sessions.
· Assist in School of Science recruitment events set-up, tear-down, event surveys, etc.
· Assist in development and management of the School of Science Ambassador program - recruiting volunteers, develop volunteer communications and schedule, training and facilitating day-of volunteer activities
· Assist with event materials and promotion
- Event communication scheduling and fulfillment (electronic and print)
- Creation, printing and organization of agendas, event signage, name tags and other materials
· Maintain accurate records and documentation of event logistics
· Participate in prospective student phone campaigns
· Represent the School of Science at external events, if available.
· Assist with direct admit and prospect mailings and communications
· Create and update social media, new student website content/updates and student/staff stories.
· Process requests and fulfillment for outreach and recruitment (prepare packets and mailings for
direct admits and prospects)
· Maintain and update contact records for recruitment and other activities
· Maintain and track recruitment materials, office supplies and promotional materials
· Assist with gathering and formatting prospect and visitor data (internet searches, spreadsheets,
inputting into Salesforce CRM)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· 50% Assist with events for prospective students and
parents and give tours of the School of Science
· 40% Manage projects and mailings related to undergraduate recruitment.
· 10% Recruit Science Ambassadors and assist with volunteer management
- Must be a science major in UCOL or the School of Science
- Work study eligibility is preferred.
- Enrolled in at least 12 credits.
- Must agree to complete the online Hire Achiever professional development modules as a part of this program and participate in one site visit during the program. These requirements are paid.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work is performed primarily on-campus within the School of Science in an office or classroom setting and giving tours in our four buildings. The noise level in the work environment is low. At times, work will require being outdoors or in louder environments for recruitment events.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Students in this position will become acquainted with the following profiles:
-Communicator: Students will gain communication skills by speaking and responding to incoming science phone calls, emails and participating in in-person recruitment and science events.
-Problem Solver: Students will work independently to field questions and concerns from prospects and parents by providing resources and referrals. Students will learn to think quickly on their feet, while sharing information about the School of Science and answering questions from the public.
-Innovator: Students will assist in the design, planning, management and analyzing of results of science recruitment brochures and events. New ideas and diverse points of view are always encouraged.
-Community Contributor: Students will help the School of Science continue to grow by sharing their positive experiences parents and assisting with recruitment events and marketing projects. They will gain in their ability to relate to co-workers, inspire others to participate and collaborate with academic departments across science.
- Values and Ethics: Student will uphold confidentiality agreements with regards to personnel records and student data while working with prospects and admitted students and invitation lists.
This position is offered as a part of the Hire Achievers Program and aims to connect IUPUI undergraduate freshman and sophomores with positions on campus with faculty and staff in a variety of campus areas/programs. Positions start in August 2021 and end in May 2022. On-going coaching and feedback on performance will be provided by supervisors according to a strict timeline of the program. Students in this program will be expected to participate in a variety of professional development learning modules in an online format each month. Students who complete the entire year of the program and all of the learning modules will receive a certificate of completion and will be able to indicate their Hire Achievers experience on their IUPUI Experiential and Applied Learning Record.