Science Education Programs Intern - Summer/Fall 2021
The Science Education Programs Internship is intended for people planning for careers in STEM education, non-profit management, data management and/or STEM-related community outreach. The internship is available for 2-4 months beginning in the Summer, to continue through the Fall semester.
- Addressing and responding to inquiries
- Tracking customer communications
Science Competition & Equity and Outreach Programs Support
- Research projects to support the Society’s competitions and outreach programs
- Promote online applications, update websites and databases
- Review grantee reports and identify stories for the Society’s blog
- Assisting in paperwork processes of our science research competitions
- Developing and proofreading of various materials, including letters to students, parents, and educators, and Science Education Programs publication
- Managing and organizing the outreach efforts into data sets
- Maintenance of existing database(s)
- Running reports and analyzing data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with data management and data gathering
- Flexibility and willingness to support team members and learn new systems and technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge and/or appreciation of STEM education and outreach
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Position Type and Expected Hours
The internship is intended for 15 hours per week and is a paid opportunity of $15.00 an hour. This role is fully remote. Specific duties will be decided based on applicant’s interests and skill level at the beginning of the internship. Specific dates will be determined based upon the Society’s needs and intern availability.
Required Education and Experience
Interns must be current undergraduate or graduate students. Students currently taking a gap year are also eligible to apply. Preference is given to those pursuing a degree or career in education, science, information services and database administration, non-profit management, and related fields as well as to alumni of the Society’s education competitions.
Applicants planning to receive course credit for this internship should provide any necessary information regarding requirements to the Society.
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Emails should include “Science Education Program Intern” in the subject line. They can be addressed to Allie Stifel, Director of Regeneron Science Talent Search . No phone calls please.
About Society for Science
Society for Science (Society) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization dedicated to public engagement in scientific research and education. Our vision is to promote the understanding and appreciation of science and the vital role it plays in human advancement; to inform, educate, and inspire. We do this work through our award-winning Science News media group and world-class science competitions: the Regeneron Science Talent Search (STS), the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (Regeneron ISEF), and Broadcom MASTERS (Math, Applied Science, Technology and Engineering for Rising Stars). Regeneron ISEF and Broadcom MASTERS begin at local, regional, state, and national fairs that affiliate with the Society to participate. This network includes more than 400 science fairs representing more than 70 countries, regions, and territories.
The Society is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Society for Science is committed to equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, the Society does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, age and/or any other categories protected by the laws of the United States or the District of Columbia.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover every duty, responsibility and activity that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.