Financial Data Assistant
The Financial Data Assistant position is a unique learning experience for current IUPUI students within the Department of Family Medicine. The position will assist in daily finance operations including purchasing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable activity; assist with administrative office needs such as filing and data entry; participate in finance and department meetings; and create, complete, and present project-based work to other team members, faculty, and department leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Designs graphs, tables, and other excel based items in a presentable and easy-to-understand fashion
· Assist in processing financial documents
· Creates budget planning tools in excel
· Participates and presents in meetings with other department members
· Performs essential administrative tasks (filing, emailing, etc.)
· Must be work study eligible.
· Must be reliable and able to manage time to work on multiple projects.
· Must be able to work independently and on a team.
· Must have basic computer skills (emailing, zoom, etc.)
· Must maintain a professional behavior and have the ability to adhere to the department’s business-casual dress code policy.
· Must have professional written and oral communication skills.
· Must have willingness and desire to learn.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially excel).
· Experience presenting project-based work.
· Enrollment in a business or finance area of study.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Gained in this Role:
Students will gain multiple different types of communication skills by participating and presenting in department meetings.
Students will gain experience in creating project specific presentation tools.
Students will learn how to stay organized and manage their time effectively by balancing various administrative tasks in an office/virtual setting.
Students will gain exposure to university and health practice financial operations.
Student will assist with daily finance operations including purchasing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable activity; complete administrative tasks such as making copies, filing, faxing, data entry, etc.; participate in finance team meetings and educational sessions; observe and learn the general principles of university finance; assist team members and customers as appropriate; follow business casual dress code and conduct oneself professionally, complete other duties as assigned by site supervisor.
Purpose & Design
The position is designed to be a learning experience and as such, the student may develop skills and knowledge in financial management, decision support and reporting while accomplishing assigned administrative tasks. This experience may enable students to shape their future academic and professional goals.
Outcomes & benefits to students
• Exposure to university and health practice financial operations
· Practical experience in a professional office setting
• Resume building
• Letters of recommendation