Community Investment Fund Internship
The 16 Tech Community Investment Fund Intern will assist the Director of Community Initiatives in getting things done. The intern will support the administration, implementation, and evaluation of the Community Investment Fund's third grant cycle, from outreach about grant opportunities to award allocations. The position will provide deep exposure to 16 Tech Community Initiatives' work and an introduction to overall development of the 16 Tech Innovation District.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate interest in grantmaking and philanthropy and possess excellent communication skills. They will be a self-starter, willing to ask each day what needs to be done to help improve our grantmaking process. They will be a generous learner and teacher - someone who is committed to looking honestly at themselves and others to ask what they can learn and what they can teach in any situation. They will have the flexibility and curiosity to engage with our grantees and other neighborhood partners. The successful candidate will also demonstrate an authentic passion for and interest in supporting our neighbors' quality of life.
16 Tech Community Corporation, Inc. is the non-profit organizer and manager of a 50-acre advanced technologies innovation district in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. 16 Tech Innovation District ("16 Tech") is a growing urban community for scientific research, technology innovation, entrepreneurial activity, and talent attraction, with a focus on startups and corporations in the life sciences, technology, and advanced engineering sectors.
16 Tech Community Corporation is a proud, equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
More information is available at https://www.16tech.com/
- College junior, senior or graduate student with interest in grantmaking, philanthropy, non-profit management, or community development
- Prior internship or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and execution
- Ability to work in Excel and online project management tools
- Maturity to work as part of a small, entrepreneurial team
- Self-driven and goal-oriented, able to work independently and organize own tasks, projects, and calendar
- Self-reflective and willing to learn from mistakes and by asking questions
To apply for this position, visit https://www.indianaintern.net/internships/detail/23093/community-investment-fund-internship . You must create an account there in order to apply for this opportunity. Please read their privacy policies and guidelines when creating an account on the site as they may differ from this one.