Office of Health Affairs and Advocacy (OHAA) - Internship
Be a part of Humana’s Office of Health Affairs and Advocacy (OHAA) and help us co-create change to equitably deliver health outcomes and whole person health experiences! Through policy, research, provider/clinical insights and a population health focus, we’re impacting our members’ health, particularly those in underserved communities, by addressing social determinants of health, health inequity and access to care.Responsibilities
Use your proven analytical skills, leadership, and business acumen to assist in the development and execution of strategic initiatives that serve as an accelerator for Humana’s transition to a Healthcare company by synthesizing and sharing the insights garnered from both the internal business segments and the external environment.
We are seeking a Project Management Intern to:
- Employ project management skills to define work with stakeholders, develop plans to execute deliverables, and ensure all tasks are completed according to plan.
- Create and maintain project documentation including charters, communications plans, project plans, and status reporting.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams from various business areas across Humana, including product teams, Population Health, marketing, individual markets, physicians/clinicians, and others, to implement innovative population health and health equity programs.
- Coordinate updates across teams for segment leaders and other stakeholders
- Facilitate communication between business areas and develop guidance around roles and responsibilities for each
- Assist in coordination of study design, data collection needs and corporate approvals
- Align team/departmental strategy to enterprise goals and priorities
- Must be pursuing an MBA degree from Ohio State University, Indiana University or the University of Houston or a degree from the College of Technology at the University of Houston
- Experience managing multiple, complex projects that involve cross-functional teams
- Exceptional communication, consultation, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise, particularly in MS Excel, or ability to learn. Power BI experience a plus.
- Ability to transform strategy to action and lead execution of project plan
- Financial and business acumen with a proven ability to put context around data
- Ability to think “outside the box”; identify issues and provide resolutions quickly
- This is a paid internship
- Target timeline of August 1-May 1
- There will be a mid-point evaluation at end of calendar year to determine where opportunities may exist for applying to full-time positions in second half of the internship
- This is a fully remote position
- Data analysis & visualization
- Program Development
- Strategic planning alignment & mapping
- Value proposition & ROI modeling
- Research experience
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
- Experience working with MDs