CADC/Addictions Specialist Social Worker
The Village of Niles is seeking an experienced candidate for the part-time position of CADC/Addictions Specialist Social Worker in the Family Services Department. This position provides comprehensive direct services including, but not limited to, substance use assessments to determine level of care and treatment placement, case management, community outreach, crisis intervention, and counseling services. The position is also responsible for working with Social Work Interns as indicated. The CADC/Addictions Specialist will assist with program management for a community-based mental health/addictions program. This position reports to the Assistant Family Services Director.
Essential Job Functions Include:
· Provide substance use assessments using a holistic and integrated approach;
· Create care plans (including the level of care needed) for clients and provide referrals and resources;
· Manage a case load of clients for counseling and case management;
· Complete documentation including, but not limited to, progress notes, initial/closing summaries and professional correspondence;
· Complete performance management and monthly statistics;
· Participate in staff meetings and professional meetings;
· Respond to emergency personnel when requested in situations that require Family Services support;
· Assist with representing the department in Niles Adjudication Court and Circuit Court;
· Follow up with Police/Domestic Violence/Adjudication referrals along with court reports;
· Participate in community education and prevention related to addictions, domestic violence, and mental health in support of the department’s Engage Program;
· Provide community outreach to promote Niles Family Services in the community;
· Perform community-based case management service when needed;
· Client case load includes individual and families with substance use, domestic violence, and mental health challenges;
· Provide crisis services to families and individuals when needed.
Qualifications and Conditions:
· MSW Degree from an accredited school of social work;
· LSCW licensure or completion within 6 months of hire date.
· CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor through IAODAPCA) certified;
· Domestic Violence training preferred;
· A valid Driver’s License is required;
· Hours are flexible, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
Hourly range is $27.50- $37.13, depending on qualifications. To apply, candidates must complete an application on the Village’s website at www.vniles.com or submit an application and resume as a PDF to the Human Resources Department, Village of Niles, 1000 Civic Center Drive, Niles, IL 60714, via E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Village of Niles is an Equal Opportunity Employer