Senior Social Worker
The Village of Niles is seeking an energetic candidate for the part-time position of Social Worker for Senior Services in the Family Services Department. This position provides comprehensive services for residents age 60 and over including direct service, psychosocial assessments, case management, community outreach, crisis intervention, and individual and group counseling for residents. This position reports to the Social Work Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions Include:
· Case management for residents 60 and over is primary responsibility. Services provided in the office and in homes;
· Provide individual, group, couple, marital and community counseling as assigned;
· Respond to emergency personnel requests in situations involving residents age 60 and over;
· Provide psychosocial assessments using a holistic/integrated approach;
· Create care plans (including the level of care needed) for clients and provide referrals and resources;
· Complete documentation including, but not limited to, progress notes, initial/closing summaries and professional correspondence;
· Participate in staff meetings, clinical supervision, and professional meetings;
· Complete performance management and monthly statistics;
· Follow up with Adjudication referrals along with court reports as needed involving residents age 60 and over;
· Interact with Social Work interns as needed for guidance and support;
· Complete billing for client when services are provided;
· Participate in community education and prevention by leading a variety of support groups or programs;
· Provide community outreach to promote Niles Family Services in the community;
· Will assist with the food pantry distribution and donation pick up as needed;
· Supervise students from a graduate school of social work which uses the agency as a field placement for training in clinical skills, if assigned;
· Client case load includes individual, family, marital, group, financial and community cases.
Qualifications and Conditions:
· Graduate degree from an accredited school of social work;
· LCSW required, or within 6 months of hiring;
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a clinical setting working with older adults and their families;
· A valid Driver’s License is required;
· Hours are flexible, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
Hourly starts at $29.04. To apply, candidates must complete an application on the Village’s website at www.vniles.com or submit an application and resume as a PDF to the Human Resources Department, Village of Niles, 1000 Civic Center Drive, Niles, IL 60714, via E-mail email@example.com.
The Village of Niles is an Equal Opportunity Employer