The Village of Niles is seeking a skillful candidate for the part-time position of Social Worker in the Family Services Department. This position provides comprehensive services to the department in all levels from direct therapeutic service (psychosocial assessments, individual, family, marital counseling), case management, community outreach, and crisis intervention. This position reports to the Family Services Social Work Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions Include:
· Provide psychosocial assessments using a holistic and integrated approach;
· Create a care plan (including the level of care needed) for each client upon completion of the assessment including referrals/resources and linkage if the service needed is not available at NFS;
· Link/connect client with services in the Village of Niles (if appropriate);
· Manage a caseload of clients for counseling (individual family, marital, group), financial and community cases;
· Maintain documentation including but not limited to progress notes, initial/closing summaries and professional correspondence (as indicated);
· Supervise, if assigned, students from a graduate school of social work which uses the agency as a field placement for training in clinical skills;
· Assist police when requested;
· Assist in Adjudication Court and follow up with Adjudication referrals along with court reports;
· Participate in community education and prevention;
· Provide community outreach to promote NFS in the community;
· Assist with the food pantry distribution and donation pick up as needed;
· Perform case management service when needed.
Qualifications and Conditions:
· Graduate degree from an accredited school of social work;
· Licensed in Clinical Social Work (LCSW) or ability to secure clinical license within 6 months of start of employment;
· A valid Driver’s License is required;
· Experience working with children and families in a clinical setting;
· Bilingual preferred;
· DV training preferred;
· IMRF eligible;
· Hours are flexible, up to 29 hours per week.
Hourly starts at $29.04. To apply, candidates must complete an application on the Village’s website at www.vniles.com or submit an application and resume as a PDF to the Human Resources Department, Village of Niles, 1000 Civic Center Drive, Niles, IL 60714, via E-mail email@example.com.
The Village of Niles is an Equal Opportunity Employer