Student Services Front Desk Assistant
General purpose: To monitor front desk area and assist with office assignments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor front desk area: greet visitors, answer telephone, respond to email
· Data entry and updating spreadsheets
· Compile packets for prospect students
· Maintain marketing material inventory including degree maps
· Prepare outgoing mail; sort and distribute incoming mail; bulk mailings
· Maintain information on bulletin boards
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Desired minimum qualifications
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
Necessary Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Working knowledge of computers
Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public via person or phone
High school diploma or GED equivalent
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE GAINED IN THIS ROLE
(related toward student’s career/academic progress or major, and Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success)
· Communicator – Student will gain skills in communication by responding to all e-mails on a daily basis. Student will enhance skills by interaction with public: Students, staff, faculty and general public, by phone and in person.
. Problem Solver– Student will work independently to field questions and concerns from walk-in visitors or via phone. Student will address visitor needs by providing resources and referrals as needed.
· Innovator– Student will apply knowledge they have of school resources as a student and from our training to assist visitors and to do assigned tasks. Student will take on special projects as assigned, which relate to coursework currently being pursued.
Work study award required:
To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account, Student Center, Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.