Process Engineer I
Tyson Alternative Protein Team is looking for a Process Engineering – Associate or Level 1 to join our growing team. If you are passionate about offering next generation Process Development solutions to growing area of plant-based Prepared Foods, agile and eager to grow your career and make an impact; we are looking for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for organizing, planning, managing and executing process development and cost reduction projects for R&D Alternate protein platform
- Lead multiple projects at a given time involving research, design, testing, justification and deployment of new processing technologies from concept to commercialization
- Assess new and existing processes, take measurement and interpret data
- Provide / develop process documentation (PFD) and manufacturing instructions
- Provide technical support to Product Development, Business Unit (BU), Supply Chain, and Procurement in manufacturing of products that meet customer and consumer expectation for character, cost, and quality for meat analogs / faux meat
- Ability to effectively manage/recommend projects that will lead to opportunity for innovation, growth, IP and profitability.
Education/Certifications: BS Chemical/ Food/ Mechanical/Agricultural Engineering or related field
- 2+ years total experience
- Co-op / internship experience in CPG industry strongly preferred
- Understanding of key scientific principles that support the work (I. e. thermodynamics, fluids, heat transfer, dynamics, statics, mass and energy balance) desired.
- Understanding of Processing equipment, processing methods and systems to support product development and supply chain on company projects is required
Computer Skills: Requires basic computer skills. For example, generating simple letters, spreadsheets and creating simple queries. May require knowledge of Tyson Business Computer. Familiarity with AutoCAD, Solid Works, Space claim, modeling software, etc. is a plus.
Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills required. Presentation skills required. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with cross functional business partners
Special Skills: Creative thinking and strong problem-solving skills. Strong analytical skills. Data driven decision. Calm under pressure. Good project management skills. Strong planning and organizational skills. Commercial awareness.
Supervisory: Coaching and mentoring interns and pilot plant technicians
Travel: 25-30% (12+ domestic trips per year)