Electrical Engineer - 82519K
NTN Driveshaft, a world leader in constant velocity technology for the automotive industry, is currently seeking a qualified Electrical Engineer for our Columbus, Indiana operations. NTN currently has 1800 employees working in our Columbus operation and customer demand for our product is growing rapidly. NTN Driveshaft manufactures Constant Velocity Joints (CVJs) for all of the major automotive companies. These customers include Honda, Ford, Toyota, GM, Chrysler and most other automotive OEMs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and researching programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirm system and program capabilities through testing methods.
- Develop electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develop and modify manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for processing and assembling components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure product quality through testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Work Environment - Work day is split between the air conditioned manufacturing floor and the office.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- BS Electrical Engineer or equivalent degree
- Preferred Skills
- Automation programming
- Project management
- Lean manufacturing
- strong written and oral communication skills
- Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi)
- Vision (Keyence, Cognex)
- Robotics (Motoman, Fanuc)
- Software (Autocad Electrical, Office, SQL)
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems
- Be able to spend extended periods of sitting, standing, stooping and walking
- Be able to lift 40 lbs
NTN Driveshaft offers competitive wages and a full range of comprehensive benefits that far exceed the industry standard. These include medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and on-site clinic. NTN Driveshaft is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the workplace.