Student Assistant for Fraternity & Sorority Life
Title: Student Assistant for Fraternity and Sorority Life
Reports to: Student Programming Coordinator
Department: Campus Center and Student Experiences
Summary: The Student Assistant position has responsibility to Fraternity and Sorority Life playing an integral role in the support and success of this functional area in CCSE. Managing multiple projects and working with various individuals throughout the year is a significant part of the position. Applicants should possess a strong work ethic; have a high level of personal accountability, good time management skills and an ability to take initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
● 50% - Post and share content on all fraternity and sorority life social media outlets including Facebook and Instagram. Manage social media through a medium called Hootsuite. Write and disperse FSL Newsletters and other FSL communication pieces including PR for the FSL community during peak times like recruitment.
● 40% - Maintain and update fraternity and sorority life programming and community Google calendars. Assist with the Event Management process in The Spot regarding approvals for FSL organizational events and transition approved events to the FSL Google Calendar. Navigate and manage the FSL University Email account and the FSL Gmail account. Assist in the event logistics for fraternity and sorority life programs. Maintain the fraternity and sorority life database including chapter rosters
● 10% - Other duties as assigned
● At least 2.0 cumulative grade point average
● Good standing with the University
● Willing to work the 10-15 hours in a work week
● Able to work independently on projects and initiatives without constant oversight
● Discretion and confidentiality is important in this position
● Involvement in student life at IUPUI, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work with others coupled with a working knowledge of fraternities and sororities.
Learning Outcomes Associated with this Position
● Community Contributor - Will gain an understanding and knowledge of working with fraternal organizations and establishing a fraternity & sorority life program at a large urban institution.
● Innovator – Will gain experience through the use of technology how to create and design marketing materials for FSL.
● Problem Solver - Will engage in research of practices of peer and aspirant institutions across the nation.
● Community Contributor - Will gain firsthand experience in program development and implementation with other students, faculty, staff and other community stakeholders.