Tickets Event Staff, IMS 2021 Season
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway, a subsidiary of Penske Entertainment, is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment. However, we are also about people. A talented staff with diverse skills are necessary when hosting the Indianapolis 500 and other events. Employees at IMS are challenged daily to excel in an environment featuring a pace that matches the high speed of race cars. Working for us is a demanding yet rewarding endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, history, and tradition at the largest spectator sporting facility in the world.
DURATION OF POSITION:
The Tickets Event Staff role is to provide support to the ticket department activities for our events. The primary responsibility for this role will be to assist us in packaging tickets for our May 2021 events. Additional responsibilities may be added as staffing needs increase and as employee’s availability allows.
- Pull, package, and prepare all products for mailing orders for all events.
Customer Service - AS NEEDED
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway by offering superior, individualized guest service.
- Communicate effectively with guests via telephone, face-to-face and email to establish their needs efficiently and provide accurate information regarding all IMS events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external clients.
Ticket Sales and Service - AS NEEDED
- Aid guests with the purchase and distribution of tickets, parking, and any applicable add-ons.
- Handle cash responsibly and accurately, with the ability to balance monies by batch to submit to Financial Coordinator.
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest tickets.
- Ability to be flexible and effectively explain premium/seasonal ticket packages to consumers.
- High level of knowledge of IMS facility and familiarity with stands, parking areas and special event sites.
- Accurately operate IMS computer ticket system (SCORE) to process daily ticket orders and payments for packaging and fulfillment of all event tickets.
- Operate and maintain remote ticket locations during event times as assigned.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and its Vision, Mission and Values.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Ticket Operations.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides knowledge and abilities necessary to perform this position.
- Superior customer service skills and service-oriented philosophy.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in a role that requires attention to detail.
- No travel.
- Must be able to work at least 4 hours per day on each scheduled date in April and May.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands are light, consisting primarily of sitting, standing, and walking. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction and communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood. Must have the stamina to work long hours and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends or evenings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment with other workers. Incumbent shall be exposed to those conditions normally encountered in a business office environment. Incumbent is faced with constant interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.