Marketing Membership Coordinator (Part-time)
Membership Coordinator (part-time)
The Accounting and Financial Women's Alliance (AFWA) is conducting a search for an energetic, personable and organized individual to assist with the development of a membership marketing, sales and retention program. This individual must be able to promote membership through outbound sales efforts, list building, cold calling, social media, chapter outreach and cultivating member referrals.
Candidates must be enthusiastic and demonstrate sales, marketing and website maintenance skills. Candidates will assist with the implementation of a successful membership recruitment, retention and strategic marketing plan. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to sell and market AFWA to potential members and corporations. Membership and website experience are a plus.
Assist with the development and implementation of programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership in AFWA.
- Assist with the marketing efforts including the development of various marketing pieces.
- Create membership recruitment lists from social media, publications, magazine articles, other organizations, former members, etc.
- Contact former members that have dropped their membership.
- Conduct outreach to a variety of groups for membership recruitment.
- Review monthly drops and implement follow up communication.
- Contact expiring members at least 90 days prior to membership expiration and conduct follow up through renewal or expiration.
- Assist with communication to chapters on new chapter members.
- Assist with communication to chapters on membership recruitment and retention efforts including providing recruitment lists, promotional pieces, recruitment plan, etc.
- Calls and requests active members to make personal referrals and to assist with recruitment efforts.
- Determines markets to be canvassed for qualified individuals and completes and maintains perpetual member invitee lists.
- Sends out welcome letter to new members on a monthly basis.
- Assists with surveying current and former members.
- Organizes production of membership kits for sales calls, “blitzes” and direct mail activities.
- Tracks the success and overall performance of all membership activities.
- Assists with the maintenance of the membership database to ensure proper administration.
- Updates AFWA membership section of the website.
- Work on membership recruitment and retention efforts as directed by the Executive Director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to walk; sit; use hands; use fingers; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust/focus. Specific hearing abilities required by the job include the ability to hear and interpret words communicated over the telephone.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is normally low moderate.
- Annual performance review including goals and objectives