Hendricks County Job Description
Title: Seasonal Technician FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Environmental Health
Supervisor: Environmental Health Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provides seasonal assistance to the environmental health department in maintaining mosquito control and ensuring pool water specifications are met.
• Records and responds to complaints from the public.
• Provides on-site inspection and collection of samples and specimens.
• Applies chemicals and other pesticides for mosquito control when necessary under the
direct supervision of a Category 8 Certified Pest Control Operator.
• Maintains written records as directed.
• Performs inspection duties and water sampling as assigned.
• Picks-up and delivers samples and supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or in progress of completing
• Basic Computer Skills
• Ability to effectively and tactfully deal with other people
• Ability to have and maintain an Indiana Driver’s License
• Ability to read chemical label directions, properly mix and apply chemicals
• Ability to enter and crawl in confined spaces
• Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
• Ability to work outside normal office hours if needed
• Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Incumbent works under established guidelines and procedures, but must work independently in the field. Unusual situations are referred to Environmental Health Specialists or the Director.
Environmental Health Department – Seasonal Sanitarian Technician
Specialists or the Director. Errors in work can cause personal property damage to the public and moderate inconvenience to the department and the county.
Working relationships are with supervisor, associates in same department, regulatory officials, and
the general public for the purpose of communicating information and performing environmental
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The majority of work is performed in outdoors with exposure to extreme weather conditions and
elements of nature.
The job description for the position of Seasonal Technician in the Health Department describes the
duties and responsibilities in this position. I acknowledge that I have received this job
description, and understand that it is not a contract of employment. I am responsible for reading
this job description and complying with all job duties, requirements and responsibilities contained
herein, and any subsequent revisions.
Is there anything that would keep you from meeting the job duties and requirements as outlined?
Yes ___ No_____
Applicant/Employee signature Date