Remote Part-time Research Intern (with full-time permanent potential)
Kaye Implementation & Evaluation, LLC was established by Dr. Sarah Kaye in 2012 to conduct research and evaluation in the service of children, youth and families. We are a growing team of dedicated professionals with training and experience in social service and social science. Our team is committed to supporting our partners to advance practice and outcomes through high-quality implementation, research, and evaluation.
The Position: Part-time Research Intern
Kaye Implementation & Evaluation (KI&E) is looking for a qualified, reliable, and detail-oriented team member that is motivated to learn, collaborate, try new things, and improve the lives of children, youth, and families through the use of data, research, and program evaluation. The Research Intern works as part of a talented and nimble virtual team that meets in person on a periodic basis. The Research Intern supports the project team with participant recruitment, data collection, quality assurance, and other aspects of study administration with the potential for additional tasks and responsibilities based on qualifications, demonstrated skill, and performance.
The Research Intern will play an important role in the success of a large-scale effectiveness trial of a kinship and adoption navigator program that is being implemented statewide in the state of Ohio. The purpose of the program is to connect kinship and adoptive families with the resources and support they need.
Initial responsibilities will include:
• Closely collaborating with project team members
• Contacting and inviting eligible families to participate in the evaluation study
• Responding to families’ return calls
• Collecting survey data from families
• Coordinating the distribution of incentives to study participants
• Partnering with Evaluation Project Director to monitor response rates, discuss and reflect on family interactions
• Using a database to document contact attempts/efforts
• Adhering to confidentiality guidelines
• Monitoring and responding to the KI&E email address to answer questions, address bounced emails, and ensure emails are being sent
• Teaming to ensure that all project deliverables are completed on time and meet or exceed expectations
This is a remote, part-time, hourly position (20+ hours per week) with the potential to become a full-time, permanent position. Occasional travel opportunities may be possible (after established company and community safety standards related to COVID-19 have been met). At-home work environments must meet criteria and will be discussed during the interview process.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree candidate or graduate in social work, psychology, sociology, public health, public policy, public administration, or a related human services field
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members
• Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to provide clear and concise information
• Ability to contact and effectively engage families in conversation
• Familiarity with and comfort using spreadsheets/databases
• Familiarity with and comfort using virtual conferencing technology
• An interest in and aptitude for program evaluation and human services research
• Proven time management skills
• Strong commitment to a collegial workplace
• Completion of program evaluation and/or research methods courses
• Experience working with diverse clients and communities
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with child welfare and/or other social and human services programs
Kaye Implementation & Evaluation values diversity and lived experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
This is a virtual (work from home) position. Candidates from Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Washington where KI&E is a registered small business are preferred.