Student Research Assistant
The Student Research Assistant will assist Endocrinology Research staff with conducting clinical research studies. Activities will vary by the needs of the specific research study and include data collection, patient interaction, assisting with study management and logistics, as well as exposure to ethical and regulatory practices of research. Specific tasks will include:
- Aid the department of Endocrinology with any and all research-oriented projects.
- Preparing study visit materials, charts and biospecimen collection and processing kits
- Data entry of subject and study administrative materials.
- File documents and reports in patients’ charts.
- Have responsibilities of correctly transcribing and entering patient data into an electronic data capture system.
- Provide assistance and coordination for research related processes and projects.
- Have other duties as assigned related to research operations.
A successful candidate will
- Take ownership of role responsibilities and be proactive working in their role.
- Consistently perform with high level on assignments.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to handle discretionary and confidential health information.
- Possess the ability to communicate externally with different organizations via phone, e-mail, and fax.
- Be highly organized and have the ability to prioritize.
- Maintain consistent communication with all staff on projects in their various working stages.
- Have a customer service focus and high level of professionalism.
- Current enrollment in good standing in IUPUI School of Nursing
- GPA> 3.0
- Recipient will be required to pass the "biomedical researcher" modules of CITI Research Compliance training at initiation of internship
Through their work in this position, the student will become acquainted with the following profiles:
- Communicator – The student will learn how to be a better communicator by building relationships with IU faculty and staff. The individual in this position will improve their active listening skills by interacting with faculty and staff.
- Problem Solver – Student will collaborate with professionals across campus to learn new systems and procedures. The student will gain medical skills by learning about the biomedical research process and the medical condition(s) being studied. The student will gain time management skills through having various time driven projects to work on.