Elementary Art Teacher 0.5 FTE
DeKalb CUSD 428
Building Principal/Assistant Principal
March 4, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures that all actions are compliant with established Board policies as well as the mission, vision and values defined by the district and Board of Education.
- Carries out such additional duties as required or as conditions necessitate.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
4. Professional Responsibilities
a. Adheres to the Board of Education policies and procedures.
b. Implements the District’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
c. Participates in building and/or district initiatives as reasonable
d. Reports suspected child abuse/neglect cases as required by statute and district policy.
e. Attends staff meeting and in-service meetings as reasonably required.
f. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy or building procedures.
g. Maintains and improves professional competence.
5. Classroom Environment
a. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the academic and social-emotional developmental levels and interests of the students.
b. Creates a classroom environment that is supportive of and responsive to the culturally-rich, diverse student population.
c. Maintains student discipline in the classroom in accordance with Board policy.
6. Planning and Preparation
a. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the location and at the time designated.
b. Makes adequate preparation for daily instruction, including plan for substitutes.
c. Plans a program of study within the curriculum that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
a. Employs 21st century learning models/tools consistent with the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the students.
b. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, and establishes and communicates clear objectives to students.
c. Monitors student progress to inform instruction.
d. Works cooperatively with other school personnel in the identification, diagnosis, referral and remediation of individual students with specialized needs.
e. Meets, as required and within reason, with students, parents, administrator and/or consultants.
1. Experience teaching children in a classroom setting with in-depth knowledge of sound instructional practices.
2. Demonstrate ability to coach, mentor, and/or teach adults learners.
3. Ability to build relationships, engage in critical conversations, and maintain a professional and positive attitude.
4. Experience integrating, or willingness to learn, a variety of 21st century learning models and tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have passion and enthusiasm for working with adults and collaborating in best practices. The candidate is an effective communicator, self-directed, highly collaborative, committed to lifelong learning, and uses 21st century learning models and tools. He/she has demonstrated knowledge of learning standards and has an understanding of how technology relates to key learning theories and instructional methods. Having knowledge and understanding of adult learners, and an ability to motivate and teach adults in a variety of settings is key to success in this position.
Position TRS Eligible
This job operates in a professional school environment. This role routinely uses standard office computer equipment such as computers, laptops and servers.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Education and Experience
1. Prior experience in a related position/field preferred.
2. Bachelor’s degree required
3. Professional Educator’s License required