Data Scientist/Algorithm Engineer
Double River Investments Limited is a global investment company started by BYU graduates. The company primarily invests in listed securities around the globe. In addition, we make impact/humanitarian investments in developing countries supporting organizations that make a difference in their local communities.
We are looking for a part-time algorithm engineer/data scientist to work on several algorithmic investment projects in a fully remote environment. Work will consist of both improving and creating code in collaboration with team members who have backgrounds in Math, Econometrics, Statistics, and Machine Learning. The work can be done in conjunction with school or another job/internship. The workload will be about 10-20 hrs/week, and can be done in a balanced manner over each week. The position has the potential to become a multi-year commitment with increased responsibilities.
- Independent self-starter; able to work without oversight
- Honest and trustworthy
- Able to stick with a project for 1+ years
- Programming experience: C++, Python, parallelization
- Mathematical background, including linear algebra and multivariate calculus
- Data analysis experience: EDA and modeling
- Experience with Machine learning techniques
- Remote server experience (ssh, vnc, etc.)
- CUDA/GPU programming knowledge