Kelley STARs will interact and engage with college-bound students, share their Kelley/IUPUI/Indianapolis experiences, and impart how those experiences have aligned to help future students better shape and meet their academic and career goals. In addition, STARs will communicate with pre-business Kelley students by providing them encouragement, resources for success, and assisting in recruitment events.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· (30%) Contact prospects/applicants for 1-1 meetings (phone/zoom/in-person) to share Kelley experience that has allowed the ability to shape and meet academic and career goals
· (20%) Communicate and host virtual mini-sessions to new applicants
· (5%) Contact targeted high schools for intentional recruitment
· (5%) Attend virtual workshop presentations to college bound students and counselors
· (5%) Communicate and survey declined students who choose to attend another institution
· Share Kelley experience that has allowed the ability to shape and meet goals
· (5%) Serve on student panels in classrooms and meetings
· (20%) Complete semester-long project to improve efficiency of student enrollment
· Expected time: 8-15 hours/week
● Student must submit a KICS approved resume. Before interviews are offered, we will verify resume is approved by KICS
● Be admitted to Kelley
● Minimum GPA 3.0
· Complete I-Core
· Internship experience
· Demonstrative campus community involvement
Communicator – Students will learn how to be better communicators by building relationships with peers and fellow students. Individuals in this position will improve their active listening skills by interacting with and assisting other students in their job search.
Analytical Skills - Students will gain analytical skills by evaluating current procedures and determining effectiveness through the use of data and research.