International Student Ambassador
Seeking international undergraduate students to work with the Office of International Affairs (OIA) admissions and recruitment staff in outreach to prospective international students in their native language.
● Start and continue conversations with prospective IUPUI international students about IUPUI opportunities and application process using International Admissions Salesforce CRM and social media channels;
● Enter and maintain prospective student data in Salesforce CRM;
● Promote IUPUI achievement, campus culture, student life, and Indianapolis by posting topics, pictures, and video to social media;
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge of office systems, topics related to IUPUI, the application process, and other topics of interest to new international students;
● Represent IUPUI in print and digital content to promote IUPUI achievement, campus culture, student life, and Indianapolis. Photo, Video, and Audio Consent and Release Form will be required;
Complete related tasks and projects as assigned.
● Current IUPUI international undergraduate student with a minimum of two years of study remaining
● Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
● Ability to communicate complex process effectively
● Strong time management skills
● Active in IUPUI student organizations and activities
● Cover Letter
● Fluent in Arabic, Indian languages, Portuguese, Spanish, or other foreign languages
● Experience in customer service related work or similar
Core Communication and Quantitative Skills -- This position will need to practice clear, professional written communication to parties within and outside the office. They will need to develop best practices to record, update, and keep information organized for the use of others within the office.
Integration and Application of Knowledge -- The individual in this position will learn standards for professionalism and gain experience collaborating with co-workers and navigating an office culture.
Intellectual Depth, Breadth, and Adaptiveness -- The individual hired for this position will learn the basics of international admissions, be exposed to many of the requirements, documents, and logistics, and adjust to changing processes. They will need to learn or build upon their knowledge of software and systems such as Excel, Outlook, PeopleSoft, and Sunapsis.
Values and Ethics -- This position is trusted with personal information and important documents of prospective and current students, and the individual hired must diligently follow confidentiality policies and guidelines.
About the Office of International Affairs:
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) is a comprehensive office of international education and program development that stimulates, coordinates and serves as a focus for international activities on the IUPUI campus. We work with people and organizations on campus, in Indianapolis, and throughout the world to:
Develop IUPUI students into global citizens.
Facilitate international engagement and partnerships.
Recruit and enroll international students.
Provide transition support, expert advising and visa services for international students and scholars.
Oversee IUPUI’s study abroad activities.
Support international teaching and learning—for example, through use of the Global Crossroads videoconferencing lab.
Increase cross-cultural understanding through events and programs, including the International House.