The Bloomington Economic Development Corporation (BEDC) seeks a part-time team member to support our work to advance economic development across Monroe County, Indiana. The coordinator will be responsible for office management, accounting and bookkeeping support, event and meeting coordination, and support to the BEDC team.
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority application deadline: Friday, March 26, 2021
- First-round interviews will be via Zoom, with follow up interviews most likely in person
- Office management
- Accounting and bookkeeping support
- Event and meeting coordination, including work with venues on logistics for in-person meetings, management of Zoom meetings for remote or hybrid meetings, sending out meeting notices, attendance and minutes, break down / wrap up
- Supporting BEDC team members on items like correspondence; responding to incoming project requests; cataloging existing spaces for growing businesses across Monroe County; and communicating with members and other partners through the BEDC website, social media, email, and other means
- Other responsibilities as assigned, as the BEDC is a small organization working in a dynamic, faster-paced environment.
- This team member will report to the BEDC president and collaborate with all BEDC team members.
- 20-30 hours per week, with some flexibility.
- Must be available each month for:
- Executive committee meetings: 1st Thursday of each month, 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Board meetings: 3rd Wednesday of each month, 7:00 am - 10:00 am
- Both time windows include meeting setup and wrap up
- The BEDC occasionally conducts and participates in evening events, so occasional evening hours may be needed.
Our ideal applicant will have strong:
- Professionalism and personal integrity, required for operating in a confidential environment;
- Client focus, with excellent attention to detail and follow through;
- Aptitude for learning and problem solving in unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to balance multiple, shifting priorities;
- Ability to set goals and plans to meet those targets, and successfully meet those goals;
- Written and verbal communication skills; and
- Research skills.
Ideal applicants should also be:
- Highly motivated and self-starting, with ability to work well with a small team that is balancing numerous responsibilities;
- Flexible and able to navigate ambiguity, as our organization is evolving to meet the needs of our community; and
- Familiar with project management
Not sure if you are a fit?
We seek candidates with a broad range of experience. If you bring a different type of experience to the table, please explain in your cover letter how that experience will translate and enable you to be a strong team member in this role.
About the Bloomington Economic Development Corporation (BEDC):
Since 1985, BEDC has been dedicated to enhancing the vitality of our community. As the lead economic development organization for Bloomington/Monroe County, we are focused on increasing opportunities for citizens whether it’s through supporting existing businesses, addressing workforce issues, or fostering entrepreneurial activity. The BEDC is a membership based non-profit organization.
Learn more about the BEDC here:
BEDC: bloomingtonedc.com BTP: bloomingtontech.com
BLSP: bloomingtonlifesciences.com B-Start: b-start.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Part time
Location: Monroe County, IN (Required)
Work Location: One office location. Events may take place around the community.