Equipment Checkout Attendant
As a member of the School of Informatics and Computing (SOIC) Tech staff, the Equipment Checkout Attendant provides A/V equipment reservation and support to SOIC students and faculty. Due to budgetary constraints, at this time only students with federal work-study awards will be considered for this position.
A\V equipment knowledge is highly preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will have availability to work from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., M - F.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- 30% Assisting students with reserving equipment and labs for classes and assignments;
- 30% Maintaining equipment to useable standards. Repairing equipment or sending equipment out for repair;
- 20% Helping students with technical aspects of the equipment and assisting with best practices in use;
- 10% Assisting faculty in reserving equipment for class demonstrations;
- 5% Performing equipment inventory/audits;
- 5% Process 3D print payments.
Through their work in this position, students will become acquainted with the following profiles:
Communicator – Students will learn how to be a better communicator and active listener by assisting students and faculty in resolving their equipment questions and needs and making suggestions where appropriate
Problem Solver – Students will gain technical skills by troubleshooting A/V equipment, production and scheduling issues
Innovator – Checkout attendant will work with students to help find the best equipment and practices for their project and suggesting options
Community Contributor – Checkout attendants will foster knowledge of other cultures by
interacting with members of the student and faculty communities.