Tutor - Remote/Virtual
Purpose of Position/Summary:
This Tutor-Virtual position supports students with math and English remediation in small groups virtually via Google Meets. The tutor will host tutoring hours after school, each evening from 5-8 pm to help students without sacrificing in-class activity already in place. Responsibilities are divided for primary and secondary, K-6 and 7-12, and by subject, to provide four (4) tutoring sessions every evening.
This is a fully virtually position with a projected start date of March 29, 2021.
- Must work with academically at-risk students virtually via Google Meets
- Must demonstrate an enthusiasm for working with and developing positive, supportive relationships with students
- Must successfully work as a member of a team
- Must be comfortable facilitating remote learning
- Must be able to monitor and assist students in a broad range of grade levels (K-6 or 7-12) in either math or English
- Must be able to communicate effectively with students
- Must be flexible and hardworking, dedicated to the success of students in a small, virtual setting
- Must have completed some undergraduate coursework in education
- Must have computer access with webcam, microphone, and reliable internet connection
- Experience working with at-risk student populations preferred
- Familiarity with Google Apps preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check