ePortfolio Program Assistant
About the ePortfolio program:
The ePortfolio program in the Institute for Engaged Learning supports the integration of ePortfolios into the entire undergraduate experience. As one of eleven high-impact practices, ePortfolio supports deep learning, identity development, and a meaningful college experience, leading to an increase in student retention and graduation rates. The vision for ePortfolios is that all undergraduate students create, develop, and engage with ePortfolio iteratively from their point of entry to IUPUI through their culminating senior experience. This is accomplished by embedding ePortfolio into the curriculum and co-curriculum so that students can’t help but engage with ePortfolio in each year of their studies.
General Purpose of Position:
The ePortfolio Assistant position supports IUPUI students of all levels as they create, develop, and curate their ePortfolio. This position is responsible for meeting individually with students seeking ePortfolio support, in-person and online, for facilitating pre-designed presentations/workshops in the ePortfolio Studio and in classes (in-person and online), and for recording and reflecting on their interactions with students seeking ePortfolio support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support students individually both in-person and online (synchronously and synchronously), with primarily non-technical support questions in regards to ePortfolio development
- Support students in small groups or classes through pre-designed presentations and workshops
- Explore and use common digital tools in connection with ePortfolio, with a focus on multimedia
- Share and communicate digital literacy skills through best practice use of copyrighted content, ethical behaviors, and respectful digital citizenship
- Produce, maintain, and share help guides and tip sheets for students in creating, developing, and curating their ePortfolio
- Develop and share personal ePortfolio as a model to use in the ePortfolio Studio
- Record and reflect on individual and group interactions with students seeking ePortfolio support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with diverse students and to provide high quality support and customer service
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in basic computer technology optimization (Microsoft Office, search engine keywords, Adobe, cloud computing)
- Knowledge and understanding of ePortfolio
- Public speaking, mentoring, and/or instructional experience
- Experience with multimedia, social media management, web/graphics/image design and editing, and/or other digital media
- Proficiency with written and multimodal composition
Learning Outcomes Related to the Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success:
Through this employment experience, students will:
- Communicator: Actively engage with students seeking ePortfolio support, building relationships, and adapting information across audiences based on need, format, and setting.
- Problem Solver: Analyze and solve problems, demonstrating and communicating solutions in understandable ways to the intended audience
- Community Contributor: Navigate the complexities of digital citizenship and digital literacy in the context of ePortfolio, demonstrating and promoting respectful, ethical behaviors
This position will be located on the IUPUI campus in the Institute for Engaged Learning, Hine Hall, IP 243 beginning August 1, until then the position will work remotely.