IUPUI Professional Development and Client Support Intern
This intern position is responsible for providing project and client management support to Office of Community Engagement (OCE) Professional Development and Corporate Education (PDCE) staff. This intern position will receive training regarding all responsibilities. This position will be responsible for tracking and organizing data and electronic files; drafting contracts, emails, flyers, and newsletter content; responding to community requests for speakers, transcripts, and general information: planning and scheduling workshops and school programs; and setting up Canvas and IU Expand learning sites. The intern will gain valuable experience and training in many aspects of administration, program planning and management, and communication. This internship will provide the student with exposure to nonprofits and business leaders, IUPUI faculty and staff, and board members that may prove valuable for future career opportunities.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities required:
· Current degree-seeking IUPUI student in good academic standing, with an interest in one or more of these areas: business, communication, education, event management, marketing, and/or customer service.
· Strong communication, writing, planning, and organizational skills experience.
· Proficient in the use of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, databases, web browsers; experience with professional social media content is a plus.
· Self-directed and comfortable with a high degree of flexibility; ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as collaborate and participate effectively within a team.
· Able/willing to research and learn new tasks and software programs as required.
· Work with OCE staff to research, gather information, and assist in the development of content & materials to promote programs; submit content for the PDCE newsletter and social media sites; send out public announcements and respond to questions.
· Assist with creation and distribution of marketing materials, flyers, surveys, and e-communication for events and programs.
· Coordinate IUPUI Speakers Bureau requests; identify and introduce speakers to community partners.
Workshops and Events
· Attend and assist with the logistical planning, set up, and execution of in-person and virtual events including conferences, classes, and workshops; school summer camps; and sponsored exhibits and informational events.
· Create Professional Service Agreements (PSA’s) with instructors; track instructor evaluations.
· Coordinate campus internship grant program including managing contracts, evaluations, and grantee and student follow-up; track awards and progress; maintain electronic files.
· Gather and maintain databases and tracking spreadsheets; create and analyze Qualtrics surveys, and report on programs.
· Assist with general administrative duties including management of calendars and room reservations; front desk support; marketing schedules; fulfilling information requests from campus and community.
· Conduct research and make recommendations of practices on business and community engagement opportunities
Guidance and training will be provided for all responsibilities. This is an opportunity for a multi-semester experience. Work-study-eligible and credit-seeking students encouraged to apply.