Part Time Instructional Designer
Part Time Instructional Designer
Founded in 2008, 2Revolutions (2Rev) is a national education design lab that builds communities’ capacity to design and implement equitable and innovative learning systems. We work in K12 and Higher Ed with school, district/community and state partners to help build readiness and capacity to transform toward their Future of Learning. Our core work is:
- Strategy: we help state and district partners: 1) build/refine their vision and integrative strategy; 2) develop personalized professional learning systems; 3) track and manage progress; and 4) tell compelling stories to build and maintain community buy-in;
- Transformational Coaching: provide personalized coaching and implementation supports to support school and district leadership teams;
- Deep Capacity Building: we work with groups of teachers and leaders to: 1) facilitate topical communities of practice using short-cycle prototyping methodology to tackle specific problems or opportunities; 2) lead whole school (re)design processes; and 3) build innovative graduate programs in partnerships with Higher Ed partners.
Simply put, we work with the adults across our education system(s) to encourage educators to think differently about the structures, culture and practices needed to promote and sustain cutting edge learning. 2Rev has successfully led 400+ unique design engagements with partners across more than 40 states.
We are currently incubating a new venture focused on upskilling the educator workforce through modular, interoperable, competency based learning that is credit-bearing in an adaptive learning environment.
About the Position
Underpinning all of our direct services is high quality competency-based content that supports the learning needed for educators to realize transformation. Performance tasks and collaborative learning opportunities are interleaved with adaptive learning content to provide high quality learning for educators. Our Instructional design methodology is built from emerging research in learning science, and best practice in adult learning to offer modules that skill up or re-skill educators in the areas needed to support transformation of PK-12 educational practice. We work collaboratively to build models of learning that are designed around how students learn what they need to be successful in the future that awaits.
As the demand for our content grows in the market, we are looking for an Instructional Designer to join our team who can support the execution of high-quality, research-based, and competency-based educator content. The role will begin as part-time and has the potential to grow into a full-time role.
You are an Instructional Designer who is excited to work with adult learners:
- You live for learning!
- You have taken the time to understand systemic inequities and are ready and willing to center equity in all that you do.
- You love technology, and learning new platforms and tools excites you.
- You love building learning experiences for adult learners.
- You are ready to be a courageous collaborator - listening actively and empathetically and speaking up when you have ideas, questions, concerns.
- Build content within our adaptive platform.
- Apply proven instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Leverage adult learning principles to design and build engaging learning and development solutions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of content in light of objectives and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Participate in meetings to partner and identify content needs in partnership with the senior instructional designer.
- Research problems or issues that arise and perform corrective processing to resolve issues.
Education and Experience:
- B.A. in instructional design (don’t have the paper, but do have the competence? We encourage you to apply!)
- Some experience with course design in adult learning environments.
- Ability to interpret course instructions to create engaging content.
- Ability to work virtually with Sr. Instructional designers, subject matter experts, editors, and stakeholders as needed.
- Keen attention to detail when creating deliverables.
- Knowledgeable about learning science and theory.
- Strong software and technology skill and aptitude.
- Experience in adaptive learning platforms.
- Skilled in Adobe Acrobat Pro, photo and video editing software, image capture software, web conferencing applications, and FTP applications.
Skills and Attitudes:
- High EQ and low ego. An ability to partner to create great content; including collaborative content design meetings, receiving feedback about content you’ve created and adapting content you’ve created to best meet objectives.
- Comfort with ambiguity and change.
- Willingness to work virtually, with occasional travel.
Compensation & How to Apply
- Apply here (https://forms.gle/UeNHivWNmyrdErFQA)
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience in the range of $25-28/hour.
- Due to the volume of applicants, we cannot guarantee a response to all interested candidates.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
2Revolutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the voices of the communities we serve. People of color and/or bilingual/bicultural individuals are encouraged to apply.