Classroom Support Professional
The Day Early Learning Classroom Support Professional works with the Teacher to implement lessons designed to stimulate growth across all developmental learning domains and establishes routines, rituals and structures to support individualized care for children. The Classroom Support Professional contributes to a school culture that promotes children’s success evidenced by the articulation, implementation and stewardship of Early Learning Indiana’s approach to teaching and learning.
· Assist in the implementation of developmentally-appropriate individual and group lessons to stimulate growth in language, literacy and mathematical, cognitive, physical, and social skills that are responsive to the evolving learning needs of each child.
· Assist in preparing and managing an engaging environment that encourages children’s independence and self-selection of learning activities.
· Establish warm and responsive relationships that allow each child to feel recognized, acknowledged and secure.
· Maintain an environment that is safe and nurturing by aiding children in self-care, implementing a daily schedule and classroom rules and providing support for children to regulate their own behavior.
· Maintain a healthy, safe and clean environment for children and colleagues.
· Adhere to all regulatory standards, rules and requirements, including those for NAEYC accreditation, Paths to QUALITY™, CACFP and Indiana child care center licensing.
· Conduct and document regular, objective observations of children’s learning.
· Communicate with families on a regular and ongoing basis to relay information regarding each child’s day and information from the teacher and/or program.
· Other duties as assigned to advance the mission of Early Learning Indiana.