Digital Media Summer Intern
Distinguishing Features of the Class
The Digital Media Intern will focus on assisting the Public Information Office on various Digital Media projects across the City of Des Moines organization. Specific assignments will vary depending on needs and interest but may include work in visual content, electronic media and social media platforms.
NOTE: This is a temporary part-time, paid summer internship expected to work between 20 – 25 hours a week. Pay will be $15 per hour.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Completion of at least two years of a journalism, English or communications program.
- Required Special Qualifications
- Candidates for positions in this class must pass a post-employment offer physical examination and drug screen.
- Possession of a valid Iowa driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Assist with developing visual content for various City publications, electronic media and social media platforms.
- Capture new photo and video library content and maintain archival system.
- Edit photos and video in Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Provide support to City departments by writing/proofing/editing content to be posted on website and social media, ensuring accurate, timely and engaging content.
- Work with City employees as directed to ensure accurate information is disseminated to the public as needed.
- Other duties and activities as assigned.