Part Time Alarm Dispatcher & Customer Service
General Emergency Monitoring is currently hiring hard working individuals, which want to make a difference in other people’s lives, while working full time in our 24 hour call center.
No sales calls. No telemarketing.
- Answering incoming phone calls and processing them using set procedures.
- Responding to emergencies by calling customers on alarms.
- Notifying customers of system signals as necessary.
- Dispatching and interacting with local law enforcement and private security.
- Documenting all alarms and signals received.
- Creating work orders to be processed by service schedulers.
- Dispatching on-call technicians to assist customers with issues.
- Self-assigned on-call time during the course of each year.
This is an entry level position which has all training provided by the company at our office. The training period is very rigorous and fully paid. Training takes approximately 12-16 weeks (depending on availability) and generally takes place Monday - Friday. Once training is fully completed, employees are allowed to be on the internet, read, do homework, etc. at their desks during down time.
We are located in an office park on the Northwest side of Indy, near the intersection of 465 and 86th street. Near Traders Point.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive nationwide background check.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and post-hire random drug testing.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to operate a Windows based operating system.
- Call center or phone experience is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to follow procedures and make appropriate decisions in tense or stressful situations.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Clear speaking voice.
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour