Social Media Manager Internship
This position is offered by the IUPUI CyberLab (cyberlab.iupui.edu) and its partner company CourseNetworking LLC. The hired intern will be creating and managing social media content to support the marketing and promotion of thecn.com, an academic social networking platform that connects learners around the world.
IUPUI CyberLab is an educational technology Research and Development laboratory on the IUPUI campus. Since its first establishment in the 1990s, it has successfully invented and commercialized a series of online learning platforms. CourseNetworking is CyberLab's 4th and current project.
- Develop full understanding of the CN products and the education technology market
- Maintain CN social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Regular weekly updates are expected
- Compose blog posts, at least two posts each month
- Assist in updating CN website, organizing marketing events, and creating other marketing content
- Self-motivated, willing to bring success to the team and project
- Excellent writing skills
- Highly experienced in social media
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate with other team members
- Knowledge in social media marketing preferred
Working location: both remote and on-site (in the CyberLab office on IUPUI campus). After the university operation goes back to normal, will be fully on-site.
Through this internship, the student intern will gain experiences and develop skills in the following aspects:
- effectively communicate information and ideas in oral, written, and visual forms across multiple settings and channels, most specifically via social media and blog posts. The student intern will mindfully analyze communication objectives and context, create messages with an awareness of target audiences, and collaborate with other team members to help achieve organizational goals.
- Critically and innovatively solve problems encountered during the process of accomplishing the project and organizational goals. This includes working individually and with others to collect, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information to implement effective and efficient solutions to challenges and obstacles.