The Support Technician position will be responsible for providing tier 1 technical support to the faculty, staff, and students within the Division of Undergraduate Education and other areas we support. Support Technicians will monitor our technology queue to provide fast and efficient support. The student will be providing support for desktops, laptops, mobile technology, Chromebooks, and computer peripherals. Position is based out of Taylor Hall.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria.
- Be a Freshmen or Sophomore at IUPUI pursuing a computer related degree
- Be able to support Windows, Apple, and Android devices
- Take initiative to complete job duties without being instructed
- Be able to provide good customer service
- Be able to use effective communication with end users and DUE Technology Services staff
- Be able to correctly uses tools available (IU Knowledgebase, Confluence, IU Listservs,…) to research solutions
In this role, a student will learn and develop the following areas under the Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success.
- Communicator – Student will need actively listen to faculty/staff/students within the division to evaluate the technology issue or needs. The student will need to convey the steps to resolve the issue or satisfy the needs of the end user or coworker.
- Problem Solver – This position requires the student to practice critical thinking as they analyze and evaluate the day-to-day technology issues that arise within the division. They will then have to collaborate with fellow departmental staff to correct resolve the issue.
- Innovator – The field of Information Technology requires that professionals in the field constantly strive for new and improved ways of performing job duties. Part of this position, requires the student to identify ways of solving new problems, create adequate documentation, and assist and training the department staff on the correct procedures to solve new challenge.
- Community Contributor – This position helps maintain the community in the office. The person in this role will assist in training and mentoring new student employees when they join the office.