Sports Program Intern
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that enhance personal growth and improve health of spirit, mind and body for all.
Under the direction of the Sports Director, the Intern will be responsible for helping with the coordination and development of the youth sports programs in the OrthoIndy Foundation program areas, and helping supervise sports staff & other sports interns with specific tasks. Being a leader in a specific operation that you are assigned to for example: Finding volunteer coaches, operations (field maintenance, things to improve), league technicalities (creating teams, rosters, schedules), sports scheduling (creating sports staff schedule to ensure coverage). Sports include and are not limited to: Track & Field/ Cross Country (Ages 4-16), Youth Basketball (4-16 year olds), Youth Soccer (4-12 year olds), T-ball (3-5 year olds), Baseball (6-10 year olds), and other special youth sports events.
1. Current student (in good standing) and working toward one of the above-mentioned degrees.
2. A friendly, and enthusiastic personality with the ability to communicate well with staff, parents, school administrators, and community leaders.
3. Strong and effective organizational skills that will enable the Program Assistant to anticipate tasks, follow through with responsibilities and the ability to handle several at once.
4. The ability to objectively oversee and carry out programs, making any necessary corrections and/or suggestions for improvements.
5. Understanding of and desire to provide excellent customer service.
6. Organizational and communication techniques related to assisting in training and supervision of youth sports volunteer personnel.
7. Ability to use Microsoft Programming
8. Certified in CPR and First Aid and or the ability to obtain such training.
1. Assist Sports Director in the coordination aspects of programs which are: securing and supervising sites, developing registration, promotion and advertising materials, compiling parent and coaches information, making teams, coaches rosters and schedules, assist with New Volunteer Coaches Training, Meet the Coach Days, ordering equipment/uniforms/awards, and coordinating photography.
2. Responsible for growth of these programs through enthusiastic PR and marketing to help develop community awareness of YMCA youth sports.
3. Work in cooperation with other community service organizations.
4. Work with site owners/managers as to the needs of the programs.
5. Be responsible for keys, property and maintenance of off-site locations.
6. Attend weekly key staff meetings.
7. Represent the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis in a positive, enthusiastic and friendly manner.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
1. All youth sports programs will run smoothly throughout the year.
2. Participants, parents, and administrators will feel positive about the YMCA.
3. Youth sports programs will continue to grow.