Academic Success Coach - Undergraduate Position
The mission of the Bepko Learning Center is to enhance the opportunities for undergraduate students to achieve educational goals and to assist in their development of academic skills through the guidance of more experienced, highly successful student peers. In doing so, we value our Center’s community by embracing all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our goals of helping students succeed.
Academic Success Coach Position Description
Academic Success Coaches are trained learning specialists who assist students with goal setting, action planning, and academic success strategies. Coaches also work at the Bepko Learning Center Success Desk and facilitate academic success workshops to provide information to students regarding academic success strategies, tutoring services, and general campus resources.
- Provide individualized academic success coaching sessions using powerful questions that foster reflective conversation to assess student’s own performance and develop goal-oriented success plans
- Help students identify and overcome barriers to academic success to develop their self-efficacy
- Assist students in identifying, developing, and implementing learning strategies and study skills specific to individualized needs
- Motivate students to practice self-regulation behaviors and take ownership of their academic success
- Provide weekly proactive outreach, check-ins, and communication to address student questions, concerns, and needs
- Coach a roster of students from varying student populations (first-year students, transfer students, students experiencing academic difficulty, etc.)
- Engage in roster management to closely track student progress by using the AdRx system and provide timely reports program leadership
- Act as a campus resource to refer students to appropriate university support resources
- Staff the Bepko Learning Center Front Desk to assist students with campus and student service information
- Present student success workshops on time management, note-taking, exam preparation, etc. to the campus community
- Attend and actively participate in Friday Training Meetings to further develop coaching skills
Learning Outcomes for Academic Success Coaches
- Build communication skills by working with students
- Help students find solutions to academic related challenges
- Expand knowledge of campus resources by supporting students
- Learn about themselves, the students they serve, and the importance of connection and enriching the campus community
-This position is a TWO-SEMESTER COMMITMENT
-Academic success coaches are awarded an $1,800 scholarship and are paid $10.15 per hour.