School Aged Youth Development Programs Assistant
Near IUPUI Campus- Federal Work-Study Eligible students
School-Aged Youth Development Programs Assistant/Part-Time
Concord’s school -aged youth development program offers a before-, after, and out-of-school program for children in grades KG-8th grade. The program operates weekdays from 6 - 8:30 a.m. and 3 to 6 p.m. or 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. when participants are not in school.
Program assistants are an integral component of the school-ages youth development program. The program relies on a compassionate, dedicated network of part-time staff to provide general program support, lead a variety of activities and instruction, child supervision, and assistance with special events.
Reports to: Director of Children and Youth Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide child supervision to students to ensure ratios are always maintained, students are safe from harm and students are pro-socially engaged with each other
• Know and be able to apply basic-practices and age-appropriate child development strategies
To support student progress in academic, health, social and recreational focus areas;
• Manage independent and adult-led activities, including (but not limited to); arts and crafts, large group reading or recreational play
• Assist wit normal program operations such as serving food, maintaining clean facilities, and organizing supplies;
• Apply a positive attitude, passion for children, and love of learning to create a positive, healthy environment in which all students feel welcomed, respected, and safe.
• Communicator-evaluates information, listens actively, build relationships, conveys ideas effectively.
• Problem Solver-thinks critically, collaborates, analyzes, synthesizes, evaluates and perseveres.
• Some experience working with children;
• Interested in or pursuing a career in education, child development, or social services;
• Consent to and pass a criminal history check, CPR and first-aid training and drug test.
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account, Student Center, Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
• Approximately 15-20 hours/week during program hours.
• Be a part of engaging, experienced and tenured team and diverse culture
• Freedom to learn and build early learning experience while also being able to directly influence programming and impact children;
• Flexible schedule and fast-paced work environment.
• Opportunities for career mentorship and advancement
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour
Interested applicants should contact Lynn Rogers, Director of Children and Youth Services at email@example.com
Concord Neighborhood Center/1310 S. Meridian St, 46225/317.637.4376/concordindy.org