21st First-Year Initiatives Graduate Assistant
Who we are:
Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars program provides up to four years of undergraduate tuition to income-eligible students at participating colleges in Indiana. The IUPUI 21st Success Program is designed to support 21st Century Scholars throughout their college journey. The flagship service offered to students is our First-Year Peer Mentoring Program. It is designed to assist scholars with their transition into college and the IUPUI community. The GA will assist in developing curriculum and learning outcomes for the First-Year Peer Mentoring Program. The GA will also assist in the training and supervision of peer mentors. The GA will also have opportunities for data analysis and annual program evaluations.
This position will work closely with full-time staff to assist in the implementation of the 21st Century Scholars Peer Mentoring Program. Graduate Assistantships are 20hrs per week.
- The GA will actively participate in mentor training and supervision.
- Maintain student data and program records to assess learning and program outcomes. Coordinate and share student data with other Educational Equity Support Programs across campus.
- Manage student communication about scholarship requirements and important financial aid deadlines via Canvas.
- Plan creative and engaging workshops related to academic success, career planning, financial literacy, and other needs of first-year scholars.
- Promote student use of campus and community resources.
- Enrollment in a graduate program in higher education, social work, counseling, or related field.
- Understanding of the obstacles faced by low-income, first-generation, and underrepresented students.
- Strong communication, planning, and logistics skillset.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the importance of diversity in higher education.
- Ability to work with autonomy as well as in a team setting.
Compensation: Tuition remission (up to 9 credits per semester in-state), $9750 stipend dispersed over 10 months, health insurance benefits.