Furniture Design Shop Monitor
Furniture Design shop monitor/assistant
The general purpose of this position is to monitor the furniture design shop during open hours.
This role includes a combination of:
- safety monitoring of shop and equipment
- routine housekeeping of the studio
- assist fellow students, faculty and staff with process of creating studio furniture and three-dimensional objects
- project-based work as assigned with the supervisor
Students will learn how to be better communicators by building relationships with peers and fellow students. Individuals in this position will improve their active listening skills by interacting with and assisting other students in their projects.
Students will learn how to better problem-solve by helping fellow students navigate the processes involved in creating studio furniture and three-dimensional objects in a shared studio environment.
- Ability to assertively prompt shop users to comply with safety guidelines.
- This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study (FWS) award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account, Student Center, Financial Aid Summary.
If you have a FWS award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). This video also directs you to the correct screen: http://youtu.be/eCJlPBnUqOg You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.