School-wide Shop Monitor
Monitor and assist supervisor in Herron wood shop.
The purpose of this position is to monitor the wood shop in the Herron School of Art and Design, assist students as necessary and assist supervisor with projects as needed.
This role includes a combination of:
- safety monitoring of shop and equipment
- routine housekeeping of the woodshop
- assist fellow students, faculty and staff who use the shop to complete projects for classes
- project-based work
- Will be trained on woodworking equipment.
Students will learn how to be better communicators by building relationships with peers and fellow students. Individuals in this position will improve their active listening skills by interacting with and assisting other students in their projects.
Students will learn how to better problem-solve by helping fellow students navigate the processes involved woodshop equipment and production in a shared studio environment.
- Must be enrolled at Herron School of Art & Design.
- Woodworking experience helpful but not required.
- Ability to assertively prompt shop users to comply with safety guidelines.
- This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account, Student Center, Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.